Thursday, December 20, 2007

Toward the Future/From the Past

1. This was the first play that I have ever written. Though, I did enjoy it more than I though. However, this style of writing is much different from the myriad of essays and other forms of writing that I have grown tired of over the years. The biggest limitation to me was the implication of stage directions/designators and how/when to use them. Some pleasent surprises I found in writing a play that it goes very quickly---which was nice. There wasn't much dabbling with the inner emotions of the characters, but rather extracting those inner emotions through body language and tone(s) of voice.

2. One main thing in my life that I could write about, similar to Ms. Tan's essay, is the relationship that I have with grandfather. He's taught me a lot of things and I try to emulate the qualities that he practices in his everyday life. The quality I have the most admiration for is his how he isn't very fickle at all. He will tell you what he thinks, but in a manner that will guide you towards achievement. One way that I could represent his influence could be from selecting from a handfull of converstations that we've had and re-create the moment in an original way.

3. Advice that I would give to a young kid would be to respect everyone's differences no how unrelated you may be. This also correllates to being who you're meant to be---not how others see you. With an open mind you'll be much more inclined and open to meeting new people without an already altered sense of judgment only because everyone shares that stereotype. I would guess that this would be a hard thing to stay focused on, but in the long run, all of the respect and compassion that you've shown for others will be so beneficial to your well being as a person.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think its really cliche and immature of you that all you can think about on your 21st birthday is alcohol. You would be better off watching little mermaid.