Monday, January 7, 2008

An Unexcitingly Titled Blog

1. One thing in life that I value is being happy. It's cliche, but life is way too short to surround yourself with people/places/things etc. that make you unhappy. I try to apply this value to my everyday life becasue when I die, the last thing that I want to worry to worry about is whether or not I was a happy person. That should be the least of our worries. However, in today's society, happiness has become almost a superficial state of mind that is only achieved through wealth and success. But in reality, my reality, I think happiness can come out of the satisfaction and joy that comes with fulfilling your dreams.

2. I don't have a specific news story that impacted me, but rather a collection of stories that have come to be due to the ongoing war in Iraq. It troubles me to think that---the world police---we are in their country intstructing them on how to setup a proper democracy when we've never been more divided as a bi-partisan. It really makes me sad to think that more people vote for American Idol competitions than the presidentia election.

3. The most important thing in 2008 for me is not fucking up during the first semester of college. It's important to me to finish out highschool successfully and on a good note, but starting off the first semester of college is key.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I totally agree with you about college. That was my goal too! It will be tough, but I think you have what it takes.

Grace said...

Going to KU next year should be a great opportunity to experience college full on. I think you will love it so much you won't mess things up first semester

True said...

i never thought about more people voting for american Idol than for president. that's scary.

Dreese said...

No, your the star. I agree with number 3, im scared about messing up too.

Mr. Miles said...

Just stay focused on school and you will be fine. About 6 summers ago I worked with a woman who partied so hard her first two years in college, she ruined her chances to get into the major she really wanted because she had blown several grades in prerequisite classes. Two years had that major of an impact on her entire life.

I think you will love college. There's a lot more freedom, which is great if you have the maturity to use it wisely. It gets better when you finish your required classes and get into to the core classes of you major, where you really enjoy what you are learning.