Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Assignment #9

1. To me, happiness would be being comfortable with yourself. Forget money, and material possesions, I'd be fine without any of that stuff. When a person is comfortable with who they are, then they can focus on what really matters (making themselves happy) and then really start living life.

2. In my life, happiness is doing things that make me happy and never second guessing my decisions. I believe that that is an important concept in life because if you have any regrets about what you have done, you can never fully move on and fulfill your dreams. My greatest source of happiness is knowing that I have tried to follow this belief since I can remember. Knowing that I'm doing what makes me happy is all that i need to know.

3. My dad's best friend is a good example. He's one cool cat and he always tries to explain things which he thinks will help me out. True Overholt is one cool cat too. His carefree spirit and exuberance for life inspire me to do great things.

4. I really don't know who I impact in terms of their happiness. I would like to think it is a lot of people, but I really have no way of knowing. Hopefully my creative writing group has become happier because of my presence.

5. The greatest need in my life is to be happy. I don't want to live life running around all sad and angry all the time because that is pathetic and I don't want to be pathetic because being pathetic is horrible. Nobody likes horrible things because people want to be happy. That's why I want to be happy, so then everyone else will be happy.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Your presence has brought me endless happiness since we first dated romantically in 7th grade until now. I really like what you have to say about doing the things you want to do. I touched upon this on my blog.The more free time I have to do the things that make me smile, the happier I am. lvoe you soap!

Dreese said...

The carefree angle is for sure one i agree with. "Cool cat"...nice. Your blogs make me happy, David.

Grace said...

I agree that happiness is being comfortable with yourself. It's very nice to hear that you would give up money and material things in order to be happy.

True said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
True said...

.

12312313


I find that your answer to the last question was confusing. It didn't really have a conhesice meaning that was effective.