Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Blogs are great!

My name is David. I love blogs. I also love writing. I like to write about everything. I like to write when I'm feeling stressed out because it takes my thoughts off of the stressful things. Over the next four months, I hope to expand my creativity as a writer. My favorite author is Kurt Vonnegut becasue I really like the satirical writing style and he does this really well.

We had an assignment of writing a poem based around a metaphor and I wrote about a preacher looking back on life deciding if he truly died a happy person.

Lying here
Buried under this weight
I turn to question
What faith had led me to believe
Go on
Be free
Your sins are forgiven now
You've done alright
Telling others how to live
Just have faith
It will all float away
I feel as though
It's more noticeable than ever
This growing shadow of doubt
Crawling on my wall
Blocking out the light
Only doubts
I wish I had hope
What I fear most
Is redemption itself
Funny to forgive those
Who never forgave
Anything in their days

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey David! Blogs are great, aren't they? I am going to read the poem I have heard so much about now.

Dreese said...

Atta way. This looks good. Your awesome. And amazing.